8 Dec 2016

Shanghai #1

I'm gonna bore you guys with my holiday pics..! :) Hope you don't mind. 
Before we went to Bali we visited Shanghai for 4 days. We could should have stayed much longer. Shanghai is one of the most interesting city's I've seen in my 37 years.

Shanghai is the biggest city in China, and one of the 3 biggest city's in the world. Shanghai's population in 2016 is estimated to be just over 24 million. Shanghai has been one of the fastest developing cities in the world for the last twenty years, with double-digit growth nearly every year since 1992, with the exception of the global recession of 2008-2009.

What we noticed was that it's also a very clean and quiet city. My estimate is that of all the motorcycles, mopeds and scooters we saw, over 80% is electric!!! Yes, I was amazed to see that and now I know for sure, it is happening right now, and it is happening really fast. Petrol heads beware, enjoy it while it lasts, we are living in the end of an era, ride your gas guzzling machines as much as you can because before we know it it will be over! I'm not saying it's going to be boring, but it will be different for sure..! The electric motorcycle future is now. We just don't really see it yet.

No comments: