7 Jun 2015

GR650 - Yesterday

Progress is a little slow because we're trying decide what we want and how we can do that..!  But we made some progress and had a good time.
The old Yammy tank was rusting on the inside so we cleaned it with vinegar, works great, thanks for the tip BC :)
We decided how wide the new tank should be. We're adding 2.5 cm extra in the back and 9 cm in the front so it narrows in the back now. The fuel cap is off center, on the right side, so we can fill it up to the max when it's standing on it's side stand...!
For the headlight we found out that diameter 15 or 16 cm would be perfect.

GR650 - 2 weeks ago

We decided to take a chance and to make one new gast tank from two old ones. First time we are trying to weld a gastank so let's hope we can make this happen!!!

We cut out the tunnel from a old GR650 tank that turned out to be in perfect condition, no rust all.
We narrowed the tunnel a little bit more for some extra fuel :)
Since the old yammy tank is much smaller and narrower we decided to cut the tank in two pieces and to make a wider mock-up with tape.
The old headlight that I was planning to use turned out to be to small... :(

Rusty Gold 2015 #13

Rusty Gold 2015 #12